CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

McKenna

Oh boy! This little girl is starting to hit her terrible 2s and she is only 17 months! What am I going to do. But even after all the dirty looks, the wining, the tantrums, the getting into everything, wanting food on demand, not wanting to go to sleep and staying up until 11!, she is still my little lover. She is so sweet. I love it when she comes and wraps both her arms around my neck and give me a kiss. Its the best feeling in the world. Nothing beats being a mother! I haven't blogged about her for a few months. She has advanced so much in those months. I'm amazed everyday about what she comes up with. She understands so well. It scares me at times. She is now 17 months. (only 7 more months and I can stop counting in months!) 4 more Sundays and she is in nursery. I had in her nursery for just a few minutes a few weeks ago and she managed to make a girl cry. That's my little girl, the little bully. She loves to bite, hit, and pinch. What a fun combo, NOT! Any good ideas about how to stop the madness??
Here are a few facts about McKenna at 17 months:
-She can say so many words. Here are a few: Movie, eat, doggie, mommy, daddy, meme, Hi, Hello, outside, eyes, nose, shoes, socks, juice, milk, water, crackers.
-She likes to open the front door and leave without any warning. We have to keep the door locked at all times. If we forget she is out the door.
-She likes to take smalls on walks. I had a picture and a video, but they are on my phone. I will get them off sooner than later.
-She loves to talk on the phone
-She has become a picky eater. I hate it! She won't even eat a sandwich! Any sandwich!
-She can put her shoes on all by herself. Most of the time on the correct feet.
-She loves fruit and some veggies.
-She loves candy and anything sweet and knows exactly what it is.
-She says WEEEE. She said it for the first time out of the blue. Tucker and I both looked at each other confusion and said, "did she just say weeee?"
-She can point to all of her facial features and her toes on demand. When we say teeth, she will chomp her teeth together. When asked where her eyes are, she squints them
-She is in love with her blanket. If she sees me put it in the washer or dryer, she has a fit. She tires to open the dryer and bangs on the washer. Its quite funny to watch.
-She loves smalls, but who doesn't?
-She uses a pillow now. I say use very lightly. Sometimes she will use it, other times I find her on the otherside of her bed.
-She is learning to color and to drink out of a big girl cup.
-Shes likes to stick things in the toliet. Not fun
-She loves to give kisses.

Well I can't think of anything else. This seems like a good list. Enjoy these pictures of my little girl.





She loves it when I take pictures of her them show them to her. This was just the case. I would take a pic by the tree. She would run to me, look at the picture, then run back to the tree and smile. This went on for probably 5 minutes. Its so cute.



This was at a children's museum in Phoenix.

This one as well.

I just think this picture is so cute. There is just something about it that I love. Maybe its just the mother in me.

McKenna really doesn't play with others. Pretty much the whole time we were in Phoenix, she didn't really play with the other kids. She would just pay all by herself. This is her playing alone.

She LOVES to get into my shoes and put them on. She's so funny.

Her other favorite thing to do....get into our food storage. She likes to put the cans in her shopping cart. At least she knows what its really for.

This is her computer. Santa brought this to her. She loves it. She LOVES electronics. She will carry one of our old cell phones around and talk into it.

Look at that face! She was giving me this look because I wouldn't help her off the coffee table. She used to be able to do it, but suddenly she has forgotten. I told her since she got up on her own that she has to get down on her own. I guess I'm just a mean mom.

Nothing would be complete without my Smalls. Ain't she cute??

1 comment:

Andy & Mindy said...

Cute Pics she is getting so big! Its wild how fast they change, I love the picture with her in your shoes..mommy's little girl!