CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

40 weeks...

Not sure why my face looks retarded in all of these pictures, but they do. Tucker doesn't like to take repeats of me, so this is what we all get. So...40 weeks have come and will probably go. I guess I'm the unlucky one that has the stubborn baby that doesn't want to make an appearance. I went to the doctor yesterday (monday) and there was no dilation and just a little thinning of the cervix! What is wrong with my body! I haven't been having any painful contractions...until this afternoon! Its about time. I've been having a little pain for the last 5 hours or so, but nothing to be rushing off to the hospital for and nothing I can't handle. Plus they seem to be stopping, dang-it! Maybe we get this baby out by the weekend. Wouldn't that be nice! Anyway, just wanted to post a little update. Hopefully there won't be anymore pregnancy pictures of me posted on here, unless tucker decides to take pictures of me at the hospital while in labor! We shall see! Wish me luck!

P.S. I never realize how big I am until I look at myself in a picture.

9 comments:

Mosley Family said...

You looks so cute prego! A little FYI for some peace of mind...your due date is just a "date". You could deliver 2 weeks early or 2 weeks later and still be considered full-term. It's a middle marker. Don't get hung up on the date...she'll get here when she's ready! Best of luck on your delivery! I can't wait to see pictures!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update!!! We love the new picture. You make one hot momma! I can't wait until you get to post pictures of the new little Dowdette.

Miss you a ton. Love, Justin and Polly

kristin said...

Wow meems, it really looks like you're holding a basketball. (I can say that cause we're family. LOL!) Just hang in there, she'll show when she wants to and she's going to be darling. Doug still loves the idea of calling his niece Spuds so you know which name we're leaning to. (Not that our opinion should matter one little bit.) Love you and I'm here for whatever you need.

sandeebeaches said...

Aren't you looking HOT!!!! Sorry about still being pregnant. It's not fun to hit your due date and then keep going. Maybe soon....maybe not. Keep us posted.

Carlson Clan said...

Poor Girl! I know how you feel though! My water broke (2 days after my due date) and I was still only dialated to a 1... Crazy!! I hope for your sake that you have the baby soon...and that your labor is short!

Anonymous said...

Meme, I think you look great! You honestly look like a mom! The transition has begun! Good Luck!

Elisha said...

your a babe! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks, please make sure you have the baby by then. hehe Good luck you will be great.

Willow said...

Sorry the baby hasn't arrived yet. She must be getting a last minute pep-talk about sleeping all night long and not crying! Yeah, that's it...

If you can, nap as much as is humanly possible and take insanely long showers. How I miss sleeping and 45 minute showers... sigh.

Karen said...

I wasn't dialated more than a 1 1/2 the whole time! I never even reached a 2!! Talk about a stubborn baby. Good luck. I definetly want to see pictures of the little gal, and no Tucker, not Melissa in labor! :)