CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Mckenna is 1 month old!

I can't believe she has been in my life for one month! Where has the time gone? Motherhood has been wonderful. I love to hold my little Mckenna. She is starting to cue and smile at me. Her smile is so cute. Of course I am bias! Now that she turned 1 month, she has suddenly awakened from her slumber. She pretty much slept 24hrs a day for the first month. With the exception of a couple days when she was awake for a few hours. I guess she was really tired from her trip here. I had the challenge of waking her up every 3 hours to feed her, except at night, which was no easy task. This girl is quite the deep sleeper. I have tried taking off her clothes, changing her diaper, talking to her, moving her around. But the one thing that seems to get her just about every time is a cold wash cloth on her back. I know it sounds a little cruel, but hey I've got to do what I've got to do to wake this girl up. Thank goodness she has woken up for her month long slumber, I don't have to use such drastic measures to wake her up.
McKenna likes to hold her hands in fists. When she opens them up her hands are beautiful. Her hands are pretty and her fingers are long. I have noticed recently, she has been grabbing her hair. Its kind of cute. She is a pretty good nurser. She likes to nurse with her eyes closed. Every now and again she will open her eyes, but that is a rare occasion. She can hold up her head pretty well for a one month old little girl. She likes to look around and can make eye contact with people.
Unfortunally she has caught Tucker and I's cold. She has got her first cold! I feel bad that I gave it to her. Now I get the challange of sucking out her nose with the nose sucker thingie. Anyway, she has been a delight in my life. Being a mother has been good so far. Not to challenging, but I think I got a pretty good baby.

P.S. my sister-in-law took these picture for me. I think she did a pretty darn good job. Thanks again Kristin! Your a peach!

7 comments:

Elisha said...

Love the pics. Love the one with the rings on her toes. She is such a cutie. I miss her. You are doing a great job meme!! Keep it up.

The Easton Family said...

Very cute little girl! Hey, I'm making my blog private this week but would love to send you an invite to view it still. send me your e-mail address to jeanniesbloginfo@yahoo.com and I'll get it over to you. Thanks!
Jeannie

Trevor and Liz Covington said...

one month already? wow... what a cutie.. you won't believe how often you find yourself saying that! Sounds like a great little girl with some really cool parents!! ;p

kristin said...

You're welcome. And you're a great mom!!
p.s. I'm also glad she 'awoke' from her deep sleep. Maybe there's a prince charming we don't know about.

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

Hey You!!!!! I didn't know you had a blog. I am so happy to run into you. Your baby girl is so sweet. Congratulations. She is beautiful. You all look so happy. I am coming home in March. Let's run into each other if you are in town too.

Mason & Laura said...

Wow those pictures are just absolutely precious! Love them!!

Jill said...

Hi Melissa,
Your baby is beautiful. Congratulations! You hit the spot with our car situation: we are in Oxford and it is in Chico. We're definitely wanting to sell!! You can look it up on craigslist for more information and then email us from there if you're interested. (You can find it by knowing that our asking price is $11,600 and it's black). It's such a great car! We love (and miss) it!