CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer

It sure has been a long time since I've blogged. I feel like I should blame it on the events of the summer, but really it didn't seem to be that busy. Here are a few things that kept us entertained this summer. Enjoy! And don't forget to leave a comment!


McKenna LOVES to go be in the water. These pictures start from May-Aug 2010. She looks so little in the top three compared to now.

We completed our first art project, went to a July 4th celebration, making her room a mess, (If you look closely, you will see she is reading the ensign in her diaper basket) being silly (she came to me looking like this, with her hat and glasses on. I thought it was pretty funny).

She had bubbles for the first time in her bath. I don't like using bubbles much, we have sensitive bodies around here. Didn't want to cause any rashes. We went on the carousel. She was nervous and crying at first. She was crying during this picture, but I asked her to smile and this is what I got. She feel asleep while she was eating dinner. One of those no nap days. And our little friends, the mice. I've caught three so far and I hope that is it!


We went to clear lake for a weekend with our friends Jen, Lucio, and their baby, Belan. We rented a pontoon boat with a little raft thing(I can't remember what they are called!). We all took a turn riding it. It was a pretty fun trip. McKenna was a little nervous about the water. This was her first time swimming in something other than a swimming pool. She wouldn't let go of who ever she was next too.

We went to the State fair. She went into the petting zoo. She wasn't as into it this year as last year, but I think she enjoyed her self. She went on her first ride. Since I can't go on the rides and Tucker didn't go to the fair. Our friend Lucio took her on the ride. She seemed to be having a good time.

Tucker, McKenna, and I went to San Francisco for a very quick trip. McKenna went on the carousal with Tucker. The picture with McKenna and Tucker on the hourse gives me a good laugh. Good times.

We went camping for 3 nights and had a bear come eat our chocolate 2 of those nights. It got into one of my food bins and into a much bigger one the next night. McKenna loved to play in the dirt. Within the first hour she was covered in dirt. After the first day it wasn't as fun and she stayed a bit cleaner. She liked to play in the tent and did really good about sleeping in there. The picture of her sleeping is fake. I asked her to pretend to sleep so I could take a picture. We went a bike ride with her strapped to the back. She had a good time, me, not so much. It was hard and I was dying slowly. I barely made it back to the camp site.

Finally, its the picture you have all been waiting for....Me! Just don't look at how dirty this mirror is. I didn't realize just how dirty it is. I'm a little embarrassed to be showing this to the world, the mirror that is. Anyway, this is me at 28 weeks and 1 day. Only 12 weeks to go!

We also celebrated McKenna's 2nd birthday. That will be on the next post.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She looks plump and healthy! And I am sure she will show some Dowd personality traits soon. ;-)
Warm regards.
Great Uncle,
Patrick

Unknown said...

"cutest pic ever." Is that Kayla?
Wow what a smile! Sweet ;-)
Uncle, Patrick