CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

My name is "SMALLS"



This is the newest member of the Dowd Clan. Smalls is her name. She is a Mini Shih Tzu. She is about 8 weeks old and weighs next to nothing.

We have made this cage for our dog to sleep in because we didn't want it to poop all around the house, all night long. So...I get up this morning and went to get smalls out of her cage. As I was walking into the front room, I notice there is poop on the floor!! I go to her "cage" and she wasn't there. She escaped! She pooped 3 different times around the house. Two on the carpet, one on the tile! Thank goodness for windex! Works every time. Any tips for potty training a dog? I've never done it before and have no idea what I am doing! Anything will help!










4 comments:

kristin said...

I'm not showing this to the girls! They're already after me to get a pet, and I almost caved last week. But then I read your blog and realized that I'm just not up to potty training 2 children. Maybe we'll get one after Zak is potty trained. One thing at a time! But I'm loving the dog! She's sooo cute!!! That size of pet is the perfect size, something to cuddle like a baby. Oh wait, that's what you're going to be having in a couple of months. I don't know Melis, I can't help but think you guys are nuts. And I know the girls, after spending time there, will be hounding (yes, pun intended) me to get a dog.

The Easton Family said...

rub their nose in their accident and put them outside immediatly. Worked on our dog AND my cats growing up. They learn that its not o.k. to go in the house, and pretty soon they will sit by the door when they need to go out.

cyndi said...

I am basically sooooo jealous. We hav a shih tzu and luv her to pieces. I really want another one. But Jay says if we get another dog it can't be another ankle biter. If you need a good groomer let me know and Wal Mart has cute dog outfits for $6 and $7. Yes my dog is spoiled :)

Anonymous said...

Woah... what a cutie!!