CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I remembered!

So I remembered what I wanted to share on my blog. Plus there are a few other things I want to share that McKenna has done lately that have been funny.

McKenna loves to look at pictures of herself and everyone else. So when we look at pictures of her I say, "That's you" So about a month ago we are looking at some pictures of her and she points to the picture and says, "you!" She thinks her name is you! What have I done. I need to start saying, that is McKenna. I just laughed to myself the first time I heard her say that. I was thinking, how in the world did you pick that up? I would love to know what kind of thinking process goes on in her head.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I will share it anyway. I have Smalls(the dog) food in the bathroom with a baby lock on the door so she can't get in. Everyone once and awhile I will forgot to close it after smalls is done eating and I will find Mckenna practically laying on her tummy sucking water out of smalls water bowl. She likes to drink like smalls does. Don't worry, I don't let her do this if I see her. Sometimes she will ask me if she can have a drink if we are in the bathroom. Its just so funny to me that she does this.

She has recently gained an obsession for Elmo. She calls him Elno. Its pretty cute. She wants to watch him all day long. I don't have a dvd of him, but I record Sesame street everyday, so she usually ends up watching it on there, but then she has to watch the whole thing. Sometimes she will get bored halfway through sesame street and leave, but when she hears the song for Elmo's world she will come running. We were at DI today and there was an Elmo doll there for $1.00. It was the best dollar we've spent in a long time. She loves it!

I cleaned off out little patio at our apartment. McKenna loves to play out there. She loves to be outside. She also has started climbing up her highchair. I have to keep the tray on there to keep her off of it. She will push it over to the table and use it to get her on the table! She is a smart cookie. Just recently she learned how to strap herself into her highchair.

She is getting more interested in watching movies. Today the Sandlot was on and she watched the whole thing! With a little intermission at the swimming pool. That water was cold! But it didn't bother Mckenna at all. I wasn't going to even put on my suit because I knew it was going to be to cold for me and I can't get in the hot tub, so it would have been silly. She just played on the stairs going back and forth from the hot tub to the swimming pool. She really liked it and didn't want to get out. I can't wait until it gets warmer so I can get in with her. I think she is a fish at heart. She loves the pool! But its cute to watch her watch movies. I wonder if she even understands whats going on? She would have to a little bit to keep her interest right?

She has recently started say "No" to almost everything. Its funny and annoying all at the same time. I know she wants something but she says no. I usually do it for her anyway. She is throwing more fits and screaming more. She is getting into the terrible two's! Oh no!

I got her a little potty a month or so ago. She was pretty interested in sitting on it. She even went pee on it once. She said she had to go potty and ran to the toilet. Now she just plays with it. She likes to put stuff in it. But she did go potty on it again just about a week ago. I haven't started potty training yet, just trying to get her used to the idea. I have a package of panties and I let her put a pair on. She looked so cute. I wanted to get a picture but she wouldn't stand up for me. I think she was embarrassed. The thing that was funny was that she put all 3 pairs on that were in the package. I guess she needed a little extra padding. Made it feel more like a diaper, I guess.

She loves going to nursery. She is the bully in there. That's probably why she likes it. She likes to interact and watch the other kids. More watching then interacting going on I think. Well besides the pushing and hitting and biting she does. And she listens during the music time. I am also in Nursery, but a different nursery. (There are 3 nursery's in our ward. Crazy, I know) And I sing the songs to her and she will do the hand movements with me. That makes me happy that she sits, listens, and hopefully behaves while she is there. I don't know why she likes to bully. I certainly didn't teach her those things.

She says please and thank you. Its the cutest thing, I think, that comes out of her mouth. She always says them in her sweet soft voice. And at random times. Like today, I she wanted me to pick her up, but I didn't want to because I was going to get her some juice and wanted to use both of my hands. But she insisted and I couldn't say no, and she says "thank you" in her cute soft voice! It melted my heart. Its just so precious. She will say it at other times to and it is just as cute. She says please like pease. And she kind of draws it out. She is just so darn cute! She is just growing up so fast, its crazy! She will be 2 in 3 months! I can't believe it. She is turning into a cute little girl!

This small post has turned into a long post. I guess I had more things to share than I thought. I need to write these cute things in here more often so I don't forget.

As for me, I'm feeling good. I'm way more emotional this time around than last time. Its kind of annoying. Also my gag reflexes are in full force. Well only when I brush my teeth, but I never had that with my last pregnancy either. I didn't really have anything going on with my first pregnancy. All of this nausea stuff and being emotional stuff is all new to me. My energy is coming back. I'm not quite as tired all the time, but I do have a few stretch of days when I am more tired than the other days. I will be 15 weeks on Monday(05/17) and I'm starting to look fat. My pants still fit good, but my shirts just make me look a little more plumpy. The dang in between faze. Oh well, I will just have to deal with it for a bit longer. Then I will wish that I was looking plumpy instead of HUGE! Anyway, I just relized that it is after midnight and I have been typing on this thing for almost an hour. (I did look at some other things in between, I'm not that slow of a typer people)

3 comments:

chats said...

what? how did I miss that you were pregnant? I had to go back an re-read the older posts. That is super exciting. I'm glad you are feeling better, it's horrible to be sick but to be sick and have a child to take care of is even worse. Good Luck! November is a great month to have a baby!

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

I found your blog. I like to blog stalk too.

Katie, Ty and George said...

We got a good laugh out of your story about McKenna eating Smalls food!!!! I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of that :) Hope you're feeling better, I can't picture you being emotional haha. I'm sure McKenna is keeping you on your toes! Pretty soon you'll have 2 little ones running around. We can't wait to meet the new arrival. Hope you're all doing well, we miss you guys!