CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A little about Kayla

My sweet girl isn't always this darling.  She has been a much more difficult baby than McKenna ever was.  I guess I deserve it after McKenna.  She was so easy.  Kayla definitely likes to use her voice and cry a lot.  The very first night I had her in the hospital, she cried the whole night! Well unless she was nursing she was happy.  But I ain't open 24 hours! I knew from that day that this road was gonna be a bumpy one.  She hasn't let me down since.  
There were days when she would cry for 1-2 hours.  This is not just a small cry, she doesn't know how to cry like this, this was a full scream.  Not fun to deal with at all.  Made me start to go a little crazy.  As I look back, I think she was just hungry.  I don't produce very much milk, and I'm guessing that it wasn't enough for her.  She seemed content after nursing, until the next hour.  Then all Hell broke loose.  It was awful.  I hope to never have to go through that again.  I'm not sure why I didn't think of that at the moment.
At about 6 weeks, a miracle happened!   She stopped crying, well not all together, but more like a normal baby.  I started supplementing formula, but I don't exactly remember when.  Probably around that time.  In the last 1 1/2 - 2 months she has been so much better.  She has had a few days where she would cry like the old times, but it was never consistent. 
Here are a few fun facts about Kayla:
1.She has a temper.  Don't let her go hungry or she will let you know.  
2.She gets so hot and red and very sweaty when she cries/screams.  She gets sweaty a lot of the time, not just when she cries.  Its kind of weird.  McKenna never did that. 
3.She HATES the car seat.  Cries just about every time I put her in it.  It used to bother me, but now I know I can't do anything about it.  I have learned to tune it out.
4. She is a mommy's girl.  I really don't like this at all.  She will hardly go to anyone, even Tucker!  She is finally starting to warm up to.  She will cry with my mom for hours when she is baby sitting.  But for some reason, she likes Kristin.  
5. She has the sweetest little voice and smile.  I love talking with her and hearing it.  It makes all the crying go out the window for a bit.
6. She is a very alert baby.  From day one, she has been wide eyed and looking around.  
7. She hasn't figured out that sleeping is good for her.  She will take little cat naps throughout the day.  Every once and while I will get lucky and she will sleep for a couple hours.  She does do pretty well at night though, most nights.
8.She loves her blanket.  That thing will calm her down instantly(most times).  You wrap her in it, or put it by her face when she is in her car seat, and she will go right to sleep(well, sometimes.  It doesn't work everytime)
9. She is a fighter.  She fights sleep like no-buddy's business.  If she wants something, or doesn't want it, she lets you know.
10. She loves her sister.  Not when McKenna is throwing things at her head, or pocking her in her eye's.  She will smile and talk to her.  Its pretty cute.  
11. Here are her stats from her two month check up: Weight: 11 lbs 14oz(78%) Height: 23 3/4 inches(93%) Head: 15.75 inches (81%)
 
 

2 comments:

Diana said...

Aww... she's getting soo big! What a sweetheart!

kristin said...

Yes, she truly does love Mckenna! I've seen her talk to her and it is the cutest thing. Also, I have to say that I'm thrilled that she seems to like me:) You just made my day. Thanks!