CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A long a crazy road trip.

For Tuckers work he gets to travel at times. Probably once a month or so. This time I went with him and I will never go with him again. This was one crazy and long 2 days of driving. We left on a Thursday morning about 7ish and drove to Lower lake. Then to Ukiah, Willits, Fort Bragg, and Mendicino. By this time it was about noonish. I really don't remember. But I hate the drive to Ft. Bragg now. It just isn't any fun. After driving North of Mendicino on Hwy 1(which I hate) we went to this little town called Leggett. Where they have a redwood that you can drive thru. We were gonna do it but they charge 5 bucks to drive thru a tree. I thought that was pretty stupid, so we took a picture of the sign instead. (see below)

After driving to Leggett and attemping to go thru the tree, we went to this place that I hope no one will ever have to experience. Its called Alderpoint. Go ahead, look it up on the map. Its in the middle of no where and I'm not kiddin. It was 20 miles off the hwy on a 2 laned road that went winding thru the mountains. There wasn't even a town limit sign. After that "Gosh forsaken" place, we drove to Eureka were we stayed the night. We got there at about 7-8pm. A nice 12 hr day.
So that was day one! It makes me tired just thinking about it. On Friday, Tucker does 3 local jobs in Eureka, then we pack up and head North around 11:00. Our next stop is Bayside. A nice, small, cute town. If it wasn't such a long ways up to Eureka and north of there I would visit more often, do a little camping. Anyway, after Bayside we drove up what was left of the california coast to Crescant City. We drove all the way up the state of California so Tucker could inspect a pron shop! I'm not kidding! I didn't go it, but from what Tucker said there was movies and magazines, toys. Probably anything and everything you could ever want, if you were into that sort of thing. After Crescant City we had to drive South back to Eureka, then east to a small campground north of Hoopa. Another "gosh forshaken" place that I will never go back to!! As we drove the the 299 (i think) we passed quite a few towns that had less than 300 people. I don't know how anyone could live like that. Crazy! Our second to last stop was in weaverville. Not a bad little place. Had dinner there. A good touristy place. Then it was off to redding to stay at my grandmas place. We got to Redding at 10:00, another almost 12 hour day. Can I say that I never want to drive up north again!! It is pretty, but it is just way to long. Not worth the drive!


We stoped here on the way back to Eureka. Took a few pictures with Paul Bunyan. We didn't stay long because we were behind schedule. As we were the day before as well. It was like driving with our heads cut off, a long day of racing with the clock.




If you can't tell, Tucker wanted McKenna to touch this big blue bulls balls. I guess this makes him a guy.

This was taken at Patricks point. Where we paided 6 dollars to get into this park because we thought it would be better than this. and Tucker thought the "tree in the rock" was here. Needless to say, after we payed the 6 dollars I told him that the tree in the rock was in Monterey. I would have rather waited my money on the drive thru tree!
Anyway, that was our very crazy road trip. I have had my fair share of windy roads. I can say that I do not like them! Glad you could all share in my misery!! On the other hand, McKenna did wonderful. Not a cry came out of her. It probably helped that I sat in the back with her the whole time, but she was a wonderful traveler.

The End!

No comments: